|This week has left me seriously exhausted. It has been go, go, go all week! A lot of good things going on, a little lack of sleep, a lot of crazy schedule shifts, some serious work and a few workout change ups have left little time for anything else. I'm glad the week is ending even if I do have to work tomorrow. I'm gonna take tomorrow as a serious focus day and really work on studying. Back to the grind!
In the mean time, Nicole from Making Good Choices
answered the 11 Random Facts questions and when I commented, she asked me to do one. So, I took the cheater approach and came up with some random facts and since I didn't answer any specific questions, I gave you a couple of extra facts.
Before we get to the facts, I would like to acknowledge Nicole has done an incredible job changing careers in the last year and great things are happening for her. She truly is an inspiration! Congratulations, Nicole, and you know I wish you so much success!
1. I hate spending money. So badly that it can really look like I'm a cheapskate. Even taking the leap to get another certification was such a hard decision for me. The trip we took to NY for Christmas with the boys was a practice in me letting things go. I think I'm doing better...
2. I love getting up in the morning to workout. Well, it's not that I love waking up early, but I love starting my day with an accomplishment. At that point, nothing can get in the way of at least one thing getting done for me during the day.
3. Live classical music makes me tear up. I don't know why but the sound of the instruments makes me overwhelmingly emotional.
4. I want to get another tattoo so badly. I have it all planned out and I want to get it on my left wrist. Now I just need my artist husband to design it for me!
5. I am a complete and total klutz. Seriously, I walk into walls, trip up stairs, burn myself on a regular basis. This is a concern for me starting to run. Tony actually told me to be careful and not fall the other day when I left. It's that bad. It's also a good thing I have a pretty high pain threshold or I would be in pain all the time. I almost burned my hair the other day too and it was even up in a ponytail. Yeah, it's time to chop it off now!
6. I am part owner in my husbands illustration business. Yes, between working at the gym, getting my nutrition certification, starting to study for my personal training certification and working towards building my own business, I'm supposed to be working with him on his book keeping stuff/marketing...oh yeah, that's why I'm always warn out.
7. I don't feed most people the way I eat. Don't get me wrong, I always cook with health in mind, but I don't know that people would fully appreciate my nutritional yeast and Marmite concoctions. Tony and the boys are getting more and more into my strange eats, but others would flip out. I love making sneaky healthy treats though and having people think they are more sinful than they are. Dessert at my house is always a healthier treat and people love finding that out after they feel a little guilty about eating them.
8. I'm a volume eater. Most people can't believe how much food I can eat. The thing is, when you eat fresh vegetables, fruits and lean proteins you can eat so much more! I'm a sneaky sweets eater too! I love my peanut flour peanut butter fudge! There's always room for dessert!
9. I want to live on a small farm some day. I really do want chickens and goats. I want to be more self sufficient and way more off the grid.
10. I love hearing about what people eat. I normally don't talk about my food unless someone asks me. I love hearing about how people fuel themselves and what they love to eat. I think food provokes a certain feeling in people and I love hearing about old family favorites that peoples' relatives used to make for them. Little Granny's biscuits will forever have a place in my heart even if neither one if us can eat them anymore.
11. It drives me crazy when people refer to vegetarian food with meat names. They are NOT tofu ribs...it's tofu in a strange shape with bbq sauce on it. Or chk'n wings...really, it's just annoying. Besides, if you don't eat meat, so you really want to relate what your eating to meat products? No!
12. I am what holds me back. I realize now that I'm the one that keeps me from achieving things I have wanted for years. My own insecurities have done me no good all my life. I do think having a strong support system with my husband and boys has helped me see that it's ok to be me and do my thing. So, thanks to them...I'm doing my own thing!
13. I rarely drink alcohol. No, I'm not a prude and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. If you know myself and my husband, you know that. I just never acquired much of a taste for the stuff. I grew up being aloud to have drinks too, so the "getting away with something" factor was completely taken away from me. I make a good designated driver though! Also, my family is not known for their restraint from the stuff, so I choose to be obsessive compulsive with other things...like, oatmeal (I know, lame but true), cooking in general, working out and nutrition. I wish I was more into cleaning and laundry...those would be some better obsessive compulsive traits or at least I'm sure my husband would appreciate that more, maybe not more, but he would prefer a little of that.
Ok, give me some fun facts!
Labels: about me