|Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you for your comments yesterday. Seriously, you made my day and then I got the email...I PASSED! HELL YEAH, excuse my French, but that felt so good! After hours of calls and research, I finally found a place that does the CPR/AED certification for $50...sold to the lady that just passed her Fitness Nutrition Certification. Monday afternoon, I will be done!
I finally looked around the house to find what I have been ignoring for the past couple of months and well, I'm ashamed. Observations...
1. The boys have asked me for socks/shirts/jeans every day before going to school. This means that the pile of laundry sitting in the laundry room is not only scary in height, but desperately NEEDS to be washed and put away (the latter is the key or I will have to iron and really that's just a joke). Tony does wash clothes, but his folding skills are less that desirable and really, he works harder than I do, so this is not a dig at my husband...he is the best!
2. The boys bathroom smells and look like a war zone. UGH, I'm sure there is something growing in the trash can and we all know it's not a plant. I would like to just throw a bomb in it and call it a night. I may need to be in full biohazard gear to clean that sucker.
3. Oh speaking of the plant that's in said bathroom...yeah, not so much a plant anymore, but a stick in sand. Sorry Mr. Plant...you put up a good fight.
4. Groceries...there are no eggs, bread or milk in the house. If it snowed tomorrow, we would starve, right? Luckily we live in Georgia and that's not gonna happen. Crisis averted, well, that is if I find my way to the store soon.
5. Most of you know that I'm an apple girl through and through...there are two bags of apples that have been sitting on the counter for 2 weeks that need to be cooked (not fit for my eating, yeah, I'm an apple snob). In my defense, they were given to me, but still...two weeks.
6. My email has been messed up for at least 3 days (the fact that I don't know why or how long this has been going on is proof that I have not been good about checking it...or responding to people).
7. My hair is too long! Remember when I told you I was going to donate it? It looked like this...
it is still on my head! I am getting it cut in the next two weeks. It goes to my butt and that is just too long for me.
8. I'm sure there is more, but that's all I've noticed so far...time to catch up!
I will go ahead and apologize for the quality of these pictures, but I've really been loving my night time treats lately and I wanted to share this with you! I've been baking my peanut butter oats and topping them with my version of a peanut butter chocolate fudge! This is low fat, high fiber and high protein! Oh and delicious!
Peanut Butter Baked Oats
(serves 2 or one hungry gal)
3/4 cup quick oats
1/2 cup peanut flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
a shake of salt
1 TBSP Stevia Blend for Baking or sugar
1/4 cup egg whites/egg substitute or 1 egg
1/4 cup almond milk
1 cup water
3 droppers vanilla stevia
Mix it all together and pour into an oil coated bowl or dish (I use a pyrex 4 cup bowl).
Bake at 375 degrees 40-50 minutes.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Topping
3 TBSP peanut flour
1 TBSP cocoa powder
1-2 droppers vanilla or cocoa stevia
1-3 TBSP water or almond milk
Put the flour and cocoa powder in a bowl. Then add the stevia and 2 tablespoons of the water or milk (add more as needed). I don't like to mix it too much so I can get a good swirl in it. The more liquid you add, the more it turns into a frosting or a pudding!
As you can see, I'm loving some peanut protein these days. I love the texture of this peanut butter oat cake. It's not mushy at all and it's a really tasty treat after a long day!
Truth be told, this is a recycled picture, but I had these oats with apple cranberry chia jam
(inspired by Stuft Mama
) and peanut fudge for dinner again last night too. I need quick protein options some times and this totally hits the spot!
So, what have you neglected lately?
Labels: breakfast, cakes, gluten free, main course, quick bread, side dishes