| Monday, October 13, 2008
| Sweets 100!!!
|I was looking around, as I usually do, and came across the Sweets 100 list at Veggie Girl's blog. I found this one to be quite interesting because sweets are sometimes the hardest to get right going dairy free (and healthy). I like the idea behind this one because it gives me some ideas on things I need to start working on! Besides, I think it is fun to see what people have tried! So, here is mine!
First, here are the rules:
1.) Copy this list into your site, including the instructions!
2.) Bold all of the sweets you've eaten--or make them a different type color.
3.) Cross out any of them that you'd never ever eat. (I will leave mine in regular type)
4.) Consider anything that is not bold or crossed out your "To Do" List.
5.) Optional: Post a comment here linking to your results--or just post a comment letting us know how many you've tried, or what you're going to try next!
And now, here is...
1. Red Velvet Cake
2. Princess Torte
3. Whoopie Pie
4. Apple Pie either topped or baked with sharp cheddar
7. Black and white cookie
8. Seven Layer Bar (also known as the Magic Bar or Hello Dolly bars)
9. Fried Fruit pie (sometimes called hand pies) - I want to try this one baked
11. Just-fried (still hot) doughnut - Ya gotta love Krispy Kreme!
12. Scone with clotted cream
13. Betty, Grunt, Slump, Buckle or Pandowdy
16. Banana pudding with nilla wafers
17. Bubble tea (with tapioca “pearls”)
18. Dixie Cup
19. Rice Krispie treats
23. Girl Scout cookies - I was a girl scout and these have a special place in my heart!
24. Moon cake
25. Candy Apple
26. Baked Alaska
27. Brooklyn Egg Cream
28. Nanaimo Bar
29. Baba au rhum
30. King Cake
33. Tres Leches Cake
35. Shoofly Pie
36. Key Lime Pie (made with real key lime)
37. Panna Cotta
38. New York Cheesecake
39. Napoleon / mille-fueille
40. Russian Tea Cake / Mexican Wedding Cake
41. Anzac biscuits
42. Pizzelle - the illustrator introduced me to these and they are a family favorite
46. Moon Pie
47. Dutch baby
48. Boston Cream Pie
49. Homemade chocolate chip cookies
51. Gooey butter cake - pumpkin to be exact and dairy free!
52. Rusks - I do love zwieback!
54. Green tea cake or cookies - I have made these as a gift, but did not try them
55. Cupcakes from a cupcake shop
56. Crème brûlée
57. Some sort of deep fried fair food (twinkie, candy bar, cupcake) - never!!!
58. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting
59. Jelly Roll - reminds me of my daycare days
60. Pop Tarts - a classic and my favorite (Low Fat Brown Sugar) is dairy free!!!
61. Charlotte Russe
62. An “upside down” dessert (Pineapple upside-down cake or Tarte Tatin)
63. Hummingbird Cake
64. Jell-O from a mold
65. Black forest cake
66. Mock Apple Pie (Ritz Cracker Pie) - this is one that I made in Home Ec in high school
68. Linzer torte
71. Angel Food Cake - an all time favorite
72. Mincemeat pie - I made this for my father-in-law one year for Thanksgiving
74. Opera Cake
75. Sfogliatelle / Lobster tail
76. Pain au chocolat
77. A piece of Gingerbread House
80. Rainbow cookies
82. Petits fours
83. Chocolate Souffle
84. Bienenstich (Bee Sting Cake)
87. Homemade marshmallows
88. Rigo Janci
89. Pie or cake made with candy bar flavors (Snickers pie, Reeses pie, etc) - I used to make an ice cream Heath bar pie
91. Coke or Cola cake
92. Gateau Basque
94. Figgy Pudding
95. Bananas foster or other flaming dessert - The Illustrator makes a killer bananas foster!
96. Joe Froggers
98. Millionaire’s Shortbread
99. Animal crackers - oh how I miss these!
I can honestly say that I am impressed with the things I have had and am now ready to work on the ones I have not!
|posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 10:34 AM
Hooray!! Now you MUST try a King Cake ;0)
Tres Leches Cake would make you tres poo!
Mmmmmm fried fair food!!!
I prefer mine light on the food poinsioning please. Talk about tres poo. Eeek!