|I can't believe it has been so long since my last post! As you can see, my little girl is back, but not all together there. I still have some things to do with her, but for now she is working. So, we will just go with it. Honestly, blogging has been kind of therapeutic for me. It gives me the opportunity cook the food that I like and then "talk" about it. What could be better?? In the mean time, I have been tagged by OneFrugalFoodie! I am completely honored that people want to know more about me! So here goes nothing...
Here are the rules:
1. Let others know who tagged you. Fun facts about me...
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
1. I am a health nut! I will always try to make something healthier for me. I work out religiously and love it. I am one of those people that would walk everywhere if I could! I even walk through the airport when my gate is the last one. I love it!
2. My husband and I have been married for 12 years (together 13). We have 2 handsome boys (9 and 6) that keep us on our toes at all times. The queen of our household is our cat, Maggie. She runs the show! We rescued her at 5 days old. She has no idea that she is a cat!
3. My husband and I own a small creative company in Atlanta, GA. Everyone wonders how we live and work together everyday (and not kill each other). He is the creative side and I am the office side. He is my best friend and it just works for us!
4. I visit grocery stores/markets everywhere I go. I can hang out at a grocery store for hours. Kind of like some people go to the mall or the book store. I read labels and look at all the options there are to buy. I love the colors and the smells (except the Kroger in Macon...I won't even say what that one smells like!). You learn so much about people in a certain area when you go to their grocery stores. I find it so interesting that even labels are different for marketing to a specific audience in different areas in a country. I find that so fascinating!
5. I could live on oatmeal, fruits and vegetables. Those are my favorite foods. I am not a sweets or meat person. I know it seems boring, but if you think about your options with just those three things, you can make so many different and exciting foods that range from sweet to savory. I could do a blog on this subject!
6. I am a penny pincher. I will always try to save a buck or two! I am not cheap. I just hate to waste money. I think a large part of that comes from my responsibilities as a kid. I had a job at 16 and I learned how to manage my money early on. I always want to be prepared for the future. You never know what is going to happen. I know this from experience!
7. I want to live in Paris at some point in my life. It could be for just a short while, but I really want to live there. My husband won a graphic design competition that aloud us to travel to a couple of places in France and we absolutely loved it! I love the European way of life. I love the way they shop and eat and how they seem so efficient, yet so extravagant. I just think you would need to live there for a little while to really get into it more and I would love that opportunity!
8. I graduated from culinary school and have worked in various positions in the food industry. I feel fortunate that I have this background especially now. I have discovered that it does take some know how in order to be creative when you are trying to change even the most basic recipes for my dietary restrictions. I love to cook/bake. Being in the kitchen is so calming for me. It is my form of yoga!
I have to admit that does make you think a lot about yourself. I like that it gives you the opportunity to get to know other bloggers more personally. We all know the basics and we know we all share the common interest in food, but this goes deeper! Thanks Alisa for tagging me. Now I need to tag some people. If you have already done one, I am sorry...
1. Have Cake Will Travel
2. Seven Spoons
3. The Conscious Kitchen
4. Yeah That Vegan Shit
6. Bake and Shake
7. Everybody Likes Sandwiches
8. Eat Me Delicious
Labels: meme, tag